View Single Post
Old 02-04-2015, 07:48 PM
Howard Chasser

Default To the best of my knowledge

I believe these were issued. I have seen packs, wrappers and display boxes from the issue. While I am not clear how the checklist cards were distributed, I believe that the few with numerical grades were determined to have been factory cut and distributed.
The story I was told is that some 25+ years ago there was an uncut sheet that was cut up - most of the circulating copies today are from that sheet. The sheet was partially damaged which fits with many of the copies I have seen over the years have varying degrees of damage. There was also apart of the sheet that was "pristine".
The "find" of plaks a few years ago did not include any checklist cards. It did however "flood" the market with plaks. Only Brian Drent knows for sure, but it is my understanding there was a material quantity of plaks found.
I have been fortunate to own a number of these over the years and agree they are some of the most colorful and cool cards out there!

Perhaps Dave H, Al, Bob, Larry or a few other test collectors have more to offer?

Most of this is third or fourth hand so le that influence however it does. All the best.

Howard