View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 10:31 AM
Ed Jensen

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughlinfan View Post
Love the stand-ups! Every one is a work of art - Bob, colored each one by hand so there are quite often lots of variations.

Thanks, Paul - I remember your search and I thought the one you got finished around 250-300, but couldn't remember for certain.

On this one, the Seaver autograph adds to it for sure, but not a ton as his autographs are not super scarce. Bob Laughlin's autograph is not a big selling point, since he signed a majority of these. The stain on the front takes away a bit from the presentation value.

I keep my eye on the auctions for these, and they rarely sell anywhere near the prices they list at in the guide. I have about 14 or 15 of them, and I haven't ever paid more than $125 for any of them, but that has been over many years and the demand has gone up. Seaver is a fairly tough one to find, though. There are at least three as Paul and I each have one!

My guess is that it might go for anywhere between 200-400 in an auction, but that is just a guess. If you get two people who want it, maybe more. Good luck, and let us know what you decide to do with it!
As a huge fan of all things Bob Laughlin, these stand-ups are about the only things he produced that I haven't collected so far. I have been able to find very little information on them (not even a thread on this forum - but I confess my search skills are not very sophisticated). It doesn't even seem like there is basic information available: a definitive checklist of all the players that were produced, or how many were produced of each one, or how they were distributed.

I would love to get whatever information the experts on this board have about this rare "set". (Or pointed to previously published information!) Thanks.