View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 07:08 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I think the yellow tint that can be seen when I took a picture outside on the Nolan Ryan card is just straight brightener.

From memory I think they are close to 50/50 regular/glow backs if bought in packs. It was close to that in the 1000's I sorted through. I think all the sets are glow backs. I kinda remember this being discussed before.
About a 50/50 split was what I got as well. On both the dark logo backs and the light logo.

The very dark red cards were maybe a hundred out of 5-10,000 but could turn out to be common in a different batch.

Another source shows ones where the frame glows but the logo doesn't, something I'll have to check for.

I also had a few where the cardstock itself reacted with a light bluish white. But there were very few of them, and I couldn't rule out some transfer of fibers/brightener from white paper. I've seen them a couple other places, so maybe it's another version.

I found the glowing backs by accident. I had a nice new blacklight for stamps, and was basically just shining it on the entire room in the dark. Had a box of 91s open and it lit up pretty good, but only about half of it.

Steve B