View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Of Demmitt & O'Hara......St. Louis Variations.

Hey Todd

Your explanation here in another thread regarding Demmitt & O'Hara is quite well expressed. I'd like to follow it up here......

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcard1 View Post
......but Demmitt and O'Hara were traded to their new teams fairly late in the run and are only available in Polar Bear products with the new team designation and slight alterations to the pictures. They played very few games for their new teams and were not included in subsequent ATC offerings. Polar Bears were issued in the late part of 1910.
Here are excerpts from a March 2007 Thread on this same subject........ http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=84748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archive View Post
Posted By: Ted Zanidakis

Here's my take on these two rare T206 variations. First, I will start with their brief BB careers.

................... Demmitt ........................... O'Hara

Major League
1909.....NY Amer....123 games..............NY NL......115 games
1910.....St L AL.......10 games..............St L NL........9 games

Eastern League (AAA)
1910.....Montreal....130 games..............Toronto....122 games
1911.....Montreal....153 games..............Toronto....147 games

Major League
1914-19 (Det., Chi AL, St Lo AL)

Both players were featured 1st in the 350-only series (as NY players) with limited backs than most other T206 subjects in the 350 series. Demmitt is found
with Piedmont 350, Sweet Cap 350, Carolina Brights, EPDG, and Tolstoi. O'Hara is found with Piedmont 350, Sweet Cap 350, and Sovereign 350.
Note......POLAR BEAR backed T206's had not been printed yet..

Demmitt was traded in Dec. 1909 to St Louis AL and O'Hara at the start of 1910 to the St Louis NL. Circa mid 1910, American Lithographic started printing
350 series T206's (including the Demmitt & O'Hara St. Louis variations) for shipment to the POLAR BEAR chewing tobacco factory in Ohio. Meanwhile, both
Demmitt & O'Hara had been reassigned to Montreal & Toronto of the Eastern League, respectively. Therefore, American Litho. discontinued printing Demmitt
and O'Hara in their subsequent press runs of POLAR BEAR and other T-brands (PIEDMONT, SWEET CAP, etc.) The POLAR BEAR exclusivity of these two vari-
ations is simply a matter of timing. My guess is that there are approx. 400 - 500 of the Demmitt & O'Hara St. Louis variations in circulation.

Furthermore, both Demmitt and O'Hara were printed in the 1912 Canadian Imperial Tobacco Company (C46) set.

TED Z collection

TED Z