Thread: Sling TV
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 09:33 PM
Jason Albregts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Jason could you or anybody give a quick for "dummies" explanation on how this works. Do you need a smart TV? Yes I do not have a clue how this works but would really like to learn. Thanks!
Sorry for the delayed response. As the previous poster stated, I don't think you need a smart TV.

I have the Roku Stick which is as big as a thumb drive. It plugs into the back of your TV into an HDMI port and then streams "channels" via your WiFi. High speed internet is recommended. It's pretty easy to set up and use. It has apps like your cell phone - Amazon, Hulu, Netflix, SlingTV. There are thousands to choose from. Some are akin to local access cable with low quality, others like PBS, History, and Smithsonian are high quality. There is no monthly fee for the Roku. The only initial expense is the $35 for the stick. The cost comes from your apps. I have Amazon Prime since I order a lot of stuff from Amazon, so it comes to about $10 a month. Netflix is about $10 a month, Hulu is as cheap as $9 with commercials or $12 if you don't want commercials. Depending on you SlingTV package, it can run you anywhere from $20 a month to $40 a month. YouTube, PBS, and several other channels are free.

So, in a nutshell, I pay less than $50 a month for what I have and never run out of anything to watch.

Last edited by Beatles Guy; 02-02-2017 at 09:33 PM.