View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve D View Post
On the numbering, the company will have the player sign say, five cards with a red sharpie...those will be numbered to 5. Then, they'll have the player sign 25 cards with a blue sharpie.....numbered to 25. 10 cards signed with a silver sharpie, and 20 cards signed in gold ink.

The company will also issue the same card, with different colored borders.....100 cards with a white border; 75 cards with a blue border, etc...

They will also vary the color of the foil on the card; some will use silver foil, and others will use gold foil; or the color of the ink used to print the wording will differ.

They are all the same basic card, just with different colors used.

In my case, I just go with the one that I like best, regardless of what that particular card is numbered to. Sometimes, I best like the version that's numbered to 10, other times the version numbered to 75 or 100 or whatever.

Rarely will I go after multiple or all versions of the card.

Regarding authenticity, I try to stick with Topps, as they say they have someone witness each and every signing.

Steve
Upper Deck also witnesses every signature. I have done this in the past for them. They have Jordan and LeBron exclusives, so you would be safe with their autos.