View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 07:13 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsfan73 View Post
Kind of shocked the Indians didn't do much.

So how do you all feel about moves your team did or didn't make?
The market was stupid this year. The Indians tried to do something, but Darvish wouldn't waive his no trade clause to Cleveland. Zach Britton's price tag was an arm, leg, and a right nut, while Brad Hand's price tag was the other arm, other leg, and a left nut.

Joe Smith is putting up some very solid numbers this year, the best of his career. We loved him when he was in Cleveland before, and are glad to be getting him back. He helps bolster the pen from a RH standpoint, and spells Shaw from appearing as much (thank goodness; hate Shaw). He's also married to Allie LaForce, a local sports sideline reporter who went national with CBS. She's gorgeous and a nice consolation prize since the Tigers took Kate Upton... errr... Justin Verlander off the market.

The Tribe will be more active during the waiver trading period. They would like to add a LH arm in the pen I'd assume, and a bench bat.

The Dodgers made a lot of moves, but did they really get better? Darvish is having a pretty sub-par year, and the two lefties they got have quite a few flaws.

The Yankees won the day with the Gray trade. We'll see how their lineup holds up the rest of the season.

The Royals made some sneaky good moves recently, but I do think they should have sold - unless there is some confirmation that maybe these guys might stay.

I'm surprised the Pirates didn't move more pieces like Cutch or Cole.

Overall, I thought it was a pretty uneventful trade deadline.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame