View Single Post
Old 06-25-2018, 03:21 PM
Vincent Hecksel

I have never submitted an autograph for authentication through PSA-DNA. But I found myself looking through a couple of the autograph collections posted in the PSA-DNA registry. That in turn generated a PSA-DNA question that would be most grateful to learn the answer to. If an ballplayer name has a "Spec Number" (in this case, beginning with the letters SR) next to the name, does that mean that PSA-DNA has passed that item as authentic ? Of course, I understand and accept that PSA-DNA is far from infallible.

The item that caught my eye in the PSA-DNA autograph registry is that for Bugs Raymond. Spec number: SR3492678. While I have never encountered, let alone heard of an example existing, I have also learned never to say never. Stories such as those about the filing cabinets stored/forgotten in the bowels of old Tigers Stadium (Win Mercer signed contract ?) spark dreams of a modern day jackpot. And while unlikely, Bugs Raymond was once a former Detroit Tiger too, and a players contract must have existed at one time for him.

{Edited} This link to Old Cardboard discussion from 2012 would seem to support more the "never", than the dream
http://www.net54baseball.com/archive...?t-151585.html

My thanks to everyone that might help me better understand whether the PSA-DNA spec number has any relationship to whether a authenticated autograph example exists.

Last edited by HexsHeroes; 06-26-2018 at 06:14 AM.