View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Default Baseball book market: not dead, but merely resting? Beautiful spalding on ebay

Posted By: Jimmy

I understand all your thoughts on this issue, and see a price decline with sports collectors in general for this material (books). I think if you look at the other side of this with book dealers or antiques dealers they are just passing the high prices to each other because they do not know as much as we do in our own hobby. We all know more than the average person, and when I walk other shows that do not specialize in sports - prices seem to be high. I agree with you Barry many of these dealers will have these books a long time, but they seem to not care so much. There have been times when I have had discussions with some book dealers about a particular sports book and price. What seems to happen often is the dealer sells himself well, and as I am leaving he or she makes a sale with someone that was listening to our conversation. The same thing happens with antique toys sales as well, you open you month and say wow nice item, and then someone behind you buys it. Just some thoughts

Jimmy