View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 11:28 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
I get that all these are obvious forgeries and that they are coming from this same source, but it appears unclear what role Podsada plays in both stories. Is he the forger, the fence, or both? I do not really know these guys like some of you do so maybe it is painfully obvious, but can you give a little more back story? Thanks, Jason
I wish I knew Jason. Considering he said he had 30,000 on his kitchen table at one time, I say that's a pretty strong suspicion.

you'll have to judge for yourself looking at all the minutia out there, including the autographs themselves (which are Putrid IMHO), people involved with-in the industry, their knowledge of Mickey Mantle's autograph and their dealings with the gentleman, his Tax evasion arrest and subsequent jail time regarding the inventory, his case with scoreboard which graciously was made public by Ken Goldin, and most importantly his story that what he has are "real" Mickey Mantle's but a "variation of styles" or that what we know to be real is fake (The George Costanza OPPOSITE defense which is ludicrous on every level).

According to him, he's sold this story to 7 different FDE's including JSA & PSA including the assertion that "Mickey Mantle said they were real in court documents and that a Family Member signed a bunch for him that we deem as authentic.....ala Ted Williams & his son John Henry.

even so, all you have to do is a little bit of work studying his autograph and this dreck he has been selling is on cheap ass Media compared to what we know as signed in person photos. We haven't even scratched the surface on signed baseballs yet. I think they will be more regarding the quality of the photos to come. They SUCK compared to most all authentic signed photos. Not to mention the 4x 6's & 5x7's that are out there. Those a a complete joke in their own right

You'll have to connect the dots for yourself. I think I summed it up fairly well in my re-cap with the information that is out there that we gathered. All the best, Chuck

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 03-31-2015 at 11:32 AM.