View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 07:00 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshchisox08 View Post
1) Good question
2) Yet another good question. I think for the most part, most of us can detect a trimmed card (typical trimmed card that is) from a mile away. Holding it in our hand would be easy. But seeing the paper stock on the edges and the color or dis-coloration would be an easy way to tell as well.

I'm sure if someone were to cut the SGC card up and resubmit to let's say PSA. PSA "should" be able to tell that the card had been cut. Do they not look along the edges? Would the paper stock not be obscenely more light than it should be? Or does PSA not even bother looking into each and every single card that could be trimmed? They sure as hell do with the low grade stuff, why not the high grade? Do they really need to believe that there's a bunch of Cobb 8s out there? Or do they really need to have it on their pop reports over everyone else, (well SGC) when they're already the monopoly.
I believe you are underestimating the sophistication and skill of the elite card doctors. Yes, if you or I were to trim a card it would be obvious. Not these guys.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-02-2016 at 07:00 AM.