Thread: A No-Stainer
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2020, 06:53 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Default A No-Stainer

Sorry, just a bit of venting here...

I bought this great 1965 Topps Killer card, because the ST qualifier meant I could grab him at a really great price, so I readily jumped. The assumption being when tilted in the sunlight, the usual see-through wax or gum stains would be present, but...and it's a huge BUT...the card arrived today and there is nothing, nada, zilch. This card is spotless and I don't understand...

The white spot seemingly appearing above the 'W' in "KILLEBREW," isn't actually there (just a photographic blip)...

Here are some unretouched, straightforward 'sunlight' shots to show that there are no anomalies appearing on the front. The gloss is uniform across the board, meaning there is no 'stain' atop it...

...and on back, there is nothing (the fingerprints are on the slab)...

So I wonder, did PSA just mess up the label, someone mistakenly adding an ST to the printout? Here's a little something else to add. I checked the auction prices realized site, and they have 289 sales listed, and not a single one of those cards had an ST qualifier, not one. The implication is card #400 didn't sit below the gum or at the spot where the wax would affect it. I even contacted the seller and he had no idea why the card had a qualifier. Does anyone see something I'm missing????

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.

Last edited by JollyElm; 08-28-2020 at 07:01 PM.