View Single Post
Old 05-30-2003, 02:42 PM
Administrator

Default low value Ewing w mascot (N172)?

Posted By: Trevor Hocking

Julie, I'm sure we have all heard this many times before but it really amazes me on how many people forget it, "The price guides are just GUIDES" They're many so called N172 commons out there that will go for well over $1,000 in VG condition, with good photo quality of course. The Ewing/Mascot is one of my favorites. I was lucky enough to pick up a really sharp EX in the early 90's for pennies on the dollar of current market price. I find it really hard to spend over $2,000 on any N172 just because some grading company says is EX-MT. I think that $3,000 is a little excessive for that card but I have been out of the market for 7 mouths now, what do I know. It's hard to wait for a better deal to come around special when it comes with 19th cards that don't come around that often. I guess when it comes to the N172 set I just try to stay in the EX range with the best photo quality I can find. Don't get me wrong, I have most of my 19th century stuff graded, but if any graded over 80's they go on the auction block, unless they had sentimental value or were next to imposable to replace. Sorry that I'm getting a little winded, but now I guess you can tell that I'm a "19th century nut". I would love to see a scan of the card, I'm sure it's a gem. How many different players do you have from the N172 set? Please drop me a line I would love to hear what you have.
Trevor Hocking
trevor@synergystudios.tv