View Single Post
Old 08-03-2006, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Default I think we all knew this already

Posted By: barrysloate

Bob- I saw the Doors in 1968 when they were already a bit past their prime; however, I hate to say this but in June 1967 I was at a concert at the Fillmore East when it was still called the Village Theatre and the acts were: the Doors, the Blues Project (Al Kooper's band), the Chambers Brothers, Richie Havens, and Janis Ian all on the same bill. I saw most of the show and then the Doors came out and began with "Soul Kitchen". At that very moment my parents came into the theatre, found me, and after fighting with them and having the whole audience turn around to see what the commotion was, dragged me home. I was 14 and it was the worst night of my life. Don't even ask the details. But I did hear one song. My best concerts were the Beatles twice, Jimi Hendrix, Concert for Bangladesh (yesterday was the 35th anniversary)which included Bob Dylan, the Dead in 1969, the Jefferson Airplane at the Fillmore, Mothers of Invention, and god knows how many more. I thought it would last forever, but nothing ever does.