View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 03:12 PM
Nick Barnes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Or, perhaps the last month didnt really mean anything as I have said over and over with you. Losing games with your #3-#6 pitchers and using relievers that wont pitch in the playoffs don't matter. Hitters smoking AAAA pitching in the majors the last month of the season also doesnt mean as much as the other regular season months.

Theres always room for arguments but its not like i havent been saying the 'losing' by the dodgers meant nothing before the playoffs started. They have only lost 1 playoff game thus far. The Dodgers didnt have to play the games in my mind, they had so much margin for error they were going to the world series, and if they didnt, it wouldnt of been from anything we saw the last month.

Theres always a chance. A high school team can beat a major league team perhaps. Theres a reason there are betting odds. Theres chance but there are also more likely than not scenarios.

Basically, i didn't see any room for speculation for that 'losing streak' impact on the playoffs and thats how it easily turned out. Of course that it turned out exactly what i have been saying, i am still wrong.
this is so very wrong and not based on fact that it kinda makes me laugh.

The results of the playoffs are predominantly random due to the amount of teams now invited . In fact, the playoffs are so driven by small sample sizes and random occurrences unrelated to team talent (such as hit sequencing, and bullpen performance in any given series) that if we were to put the worst team in each league into the playoffs as an experiment, one of them would win the WS around every decade or so. The playoffs are simply unrelated to regular season results (which a cursory look at the winners of the WS in the wildcard era will show)

P.S. the above are not my opinions but are mathematical facts based on probability and the actual results of the tournament relative to the team pool over time