View Single Post
Old 08-25-2014, 01:56 PM
David Linardy

Default OT: Buying and Selling on the board

Hope everyone is having a great day!

I must say that looking back, the only online transactions for sports memorabilia have been conducted here and ebay... I find myself constantly buying from the same great sellers (You know who you are-Thanks guys!)

I will say that I don't feel comfortable purchasing an item unless I have the ability to pay for it the very same day. Occasionally there may be a situation where I am waiting for money to come in and I can't pay right away, but I always tell the seller when they can expect to see payment (usually within 48 hours)...

My question is this; what is the proper payment etiquette when purchasing an item on net 54? once a buyer agrees to purchase an item & payment information is sent over, how long should the seller wait to hear back (or ultimately receive payment from the buyer)?

Had a couple of instances in the last few months where seller have agreed to buy items (not big money)... but in once case the individual simply did not pay and ignored pm's despite board activity...

So what do you guys think is an acceptable time frame before relisting the item?

Many thanks!
Dave