View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 10:25 AM
Al Jurgela

Default I am not sure....

to me honest.... I just loved the look of it. I have been looking for it for for many years... probably like 5-7. I think that I found the set on an Italian "museum site" and just fell in love with the issue. The same thing happened to me with the Billikens from Cuba in my Negro League collection. I think that these are the main reasons that I love the card are:

1. The design - so unique and art deco
2. Most of Meazza's cards have the same photo and this one looks quite different
3. The has something interesting on the back (as opposed to just a blank back) or a simple "chocolate" stamp
4. It is horizontal (and I had SGC do a custom cut to show it this way) - which always seem a bit more magical

Again, it is not my most expensive card in my collection, but it is one of my favorites...

and thanks for sharing your perception of my soccer card collection. I am not sure that it is the best / biggest in the world, but I have certainly worked hard to include a lot of diversity and some of the key players (from my perspective) since the game's inception!
50 Hage's Dairy (Minoso)
All Oscar Charleston Cards
Rare Soccer cards
Rare Boxing cards