View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 04:55 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestdj777 View Post
Haha nothing wrong with dissecting the issue. And I agree regarding player selection. I also don't really understand why you'd put some many baseball players and then one of each other athlete.

My point with the 52 photos was that we have evidence that many of these photos existed as early, if not earlier, than 52. I don't know about the lack of patch except that he could have been wearing a spring training uniform as well.

Any idea what ballpark it is?
Chris:

Granted some of the photos of the others could have been pre 54 or 55. You can always use older photos later. The thing I am trying to figure out of course is when the Mantle photo was taken, because while you can use older photos later you can't use later photos earlier!!:>)

As to your point of Mantle wearing a spring training uniform in the photo, that of course is not possible with the stadium shown behind Mickey in the photo. It is clearly a Major League ballpark. But I can not ID it.

Maybe someone else here can, but that will not help to date the photo unless the stadium was built post 1951 which I greatly doubt, or it is a stadium like KC or Baltimore which did not get a team until the mid 50's.

Fred