View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
Thanks for sharing John,

They were in the previous Mastro sale (prior to the one you won them in)- the night of the auction - I was the underbidder, so I bid on some other lots. The next day all of a sudden Mastro said I was the winner?? When inquiring, they said I was incorrect. I know what my eyes saw. As I didn't know what kind of "games" they were playing I said I didn't wan't them (much more interesting in light of the recent allegations against them)- silly me in hindsight - so they went into the next auction so you could win them! Do you collect packs? Clemente?

-Howard
That is correct. I thought it was weird they were up again in the very next auction, figured it was a non paying bidder. If you were the winner the first time around I was the underunder bidder then LOL. If I remember right I got them for less than the final price the first time around.

I have a few packs:

baseball - at least 1 rak, cello AND wax pack 1968 thru 1979, 1978 thru 1980 wax trays too

football - 1968 thru 1976 for wax and cello packs, raks for 68 and 71 thru 74

basketball - at least one wax pack 1969/70 thru 1986/87 fleer plus a 73/74 wax tray

Here are pics of my PSA packs, roughly twice as many are GAI graded

http://www.psacard.com/setregistry/showcase.aspx?sc=272