View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 06:47 AM
Administrator

Default Uncatalogued Old Judge Card

Posted By: john/z28jd

Now he has seen another version of that card Fred(see my previous post,its the exact same one) so the description is wrong again,tho it was obviously right when he did it.Herr is one of the more common OJ players to find,so the easier to find a certain OJ card,the more likely youll be able to find a small detail thats different.A new pose or team variation would be collectible,but a little difference in the background,that wont do it for anyone unless the player is significant.In this case,its not something new,its just he had not seen another till now

Ed Herr was a light hitting utility player for parts of 3 seasons so combined with being an easy player to find in the set his card in that condition should go for $50 on a real good day.If anything his St Louis version should be worth a little more because they were a first place team and he played around 50 games for them,so people putting together a team set of the 1888 World Series team would obviously need him.

If the card goes for a high price because of the mount i'll start mounting trimmed OJs on anything slightly interesting i cant find and selling them.You might see a rare 1/1 Clark Griffith OJ with a little hustler cigar brand back.

Julie's card btw is a St Louis card with a name change to Pittsburgh,not a Milwaukee card.