View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 07:40 PM
Derek 0u3ll3tt3

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
I haven't deflected anything. The only deflection is my question going unanswered. Packs is not intellectually equiped to answer it, so here's your shot. Why do black male high school students have a dropout rate that is twice the rate for white male high school students? You (at least I think it was you, it was someone) mentioned earlier in the thread about blacks not having the same opportunities as whites. Seems like they're not taking advantage of their greatest opportunity - an education.
How the hell should I know? You don't know either. Your study didn't seem to take cause into consideration. Maybe a kid from a single-parent family had to dropout to support his family. Maybe the kid wanted to be a criminal. Maybe any one of a thousand things in between. Regardless, does the dropout rate being disproportiante have anything to do with how laws, practices and rights are applied to all races? No, it doesn't. You're arguing apples and oranges (again, deflecting) trying your damdest to downplay that racial inequality exists. I'm not going to argue with you about things that are not related to the very simple matter at the heart of this debate.

BTW, I asked two questions that went unanswered, and was willing to let it go, but since you're such a proponent of addressing questions that are asked directly, here's your chance to enlighten us all.

The first question from Page 2 was:
You're saying there's absolutely no difference in the way police (or anyone for that matter) treat white people and black?

Second, also on Page 2:
If Brock Turner was black to do you think there's any chance he'd be a free man right now?

The second question was mostly rhetorical and any answer would be purely speculative, but I bet anyone who asks it honestly would arrive at the same answer. Let's hear about your thoughts on #1. Tell me more about how minorities bring it on themselves. Break out some stats, because we all know there's absolutely no way numbers can be manipulated to prove any point you want them to. With a straight face, look us in the eye and tell us everyone has the same freedom to walk down a street at night without being treated differently based on their appearance.