View Single Post
Old 02-11-2018, 11:18 AM
Drew Ekb@ck

Not sure what place in line I’ll be with my strong suggestion of the 54 Red Heart but I highly recommend it.

I’ve built a few sets both small and large and the Red Heart was my favorite by far.

As mentioned there are only 33 cards in the set but 11 are Hall Of Famers giving it a 1 of 3 retail which as far as I’ve found if the best HOFer ratio in any vintage set.

When I built this set I focused on card appearance overall since I did it raw. The only two cards that cost more than $100 were the Mantle and the Musial. That being said it made it affordable overall. The entire set cost less than $1000.

You can build it quickly since they aren’t so rare you have to wait forever to have a card pop up or you can be more selective and draw it out. It took me about two years to get the example of each card I wanted for the prices I was willing to spend.

The last point on it is it’s one of the only sets I know of that can be displayed in its entirety if you so desire. To see them all at once with the three distict background colors makes this set really pop in my opinion.

Anyway, whichever set you choose love doing it and it won’t be the wrong choice.

Good luck!

Drew
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 504B0EDB-7015-4A0C-9D4E-FF6EDE8A20BE.jpg (22.2 KB, 170 views)