Thread: 40 Man Roster
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 02:55 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romahawk View Post
Just sitting here thinking and a disturbing thought jumped up at me... Do all the players on a 40 man roster have baseball cards or is it only the active roster players who have cards out there? I am thinking if the inactive players on the roster also have a card then I probably have a lot of dumpster material piled up in my closet..
I believe Topps attempted to represent everyone when they put out Topps Total and even 40-Man sets in the early 2000's, but it must not have sold enough.

That effort did produce a few curiosities such as the 2004 Topps Total Russell Branyan card in a Braves uniform. He was traded 10 weeks after being signed after hitting .179 in 11 AAA games, but never played for Atlanta.

Now that would probably be a cool addition to collections - cards of players in uniforms for teams they never played for (albeit at the major league level)
-
-

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente