View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 05:33 PM
G.r.eg M@r.t.i.n

Default Ebay Selling Experience...

I sold a 1933 Goudey Dizzy Dean PSA 3 on 10/2/2011 and it arrived at the buyer's residence on 10/6/2011. Today, I received this message in my ebay messages:

"Hello, I received the dizzy dean card that I ordered from you, but the item is not as described. On the page it was listed as like new, with all facets intact and flawless. I examined the PSA card case upon receipt and noticed evidence of tampering, including, white frosting in color along the top and upper right side of the case. The plastic pins appear to have been replaced with dabs of glue. I will gladly pay for the return shipping, but I can't take a chance on a card this expensive. Thank you."

Would a criminal even do this to a card for this price and wouldn't the grade contradict the card's appearance or be inauthentic if a criminal tampered with the PSA case? I HATE the idea of tampering and/or misrepresentation.

I replied:

Dear sai81,
"Tampered PSA case? Are you saying I tampered with that PSA case? Calling me a criminal? Glue? You're kidding right. You may send it back, and I'll refund your money once I receive it and find that it is in the same condition I shipped it in. I'll be glad to have that card back."

This was the listing:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/230669106381...84.m1559.l2649

The card: