View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 05:07 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless View Post
Pro Wrestling counts
If you're willing to include pro-wrestling. Fixed outcomes aside, I'd almost have to count the "Montreal Screwjob".

quick rundown from wiki

"A week before Survivor Series, Hart, who had performed for the WWF since 1984, signed a contract to perform with WCW beginning in December 1997. McMahon sought to prevent Hart from leaving the company as the champion, but Hart was unwilling to lose the title to Michaels – with whom he had a long feud both on-screen and off – at Survivor Series in his home country. Hart, Michaels, and McMahon came to an agreement where the Survivor Series match would end with a disqualification, which under normal rules would result in Hart retaining the title; Hart would then forfeit the title to McMahon on Monday Night Raw the following day. However, McMahon decided without Hart's knowledge that Michaels would win the title at Survivor Series. Accounts differ as to who exactly was involved in the plan and the extent of their involvement. The plan was executed when match referee Earl Hebner, on direct order from McMahon, ended the match as Michaels held Hart in the Sharpshooter submission hold, Hart's signature finishing move, even though Hart had not submitted. Michaels was declared the victor by submission and crowned as the new WWF Champion."

Now as far as actual sports upsets, I always tend to look at them from "in-game situations". To me the 2011 World Series game 6 fits that criteria better than any.

The Rangers blew a two run lead with 2 outs and a 1-2 count to Freese in the 9th that would've clinched a championship. Then regained a two run lead in the 10th, and were 1 strike away(yet again), only to blow it again..

And as we all know, the Cardinals went on to win that game and game 7..

THAT to me, is an upset..