View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 07:28 PM
Curt

I have started to think about this type of thing more and more as I slowly get closer and closer to complete organization. I mostly sort things out play name, but even so, sometimes a signature looks nothing like who you might think it is. I know who they are, but once I am no longer in the picture, then what? I started marking the more difficult to read signatures with IDs so that if anyone (my family for example) needed to get rid of them, they would have help in the ID process. I remember doing this as a kid when I would get signatures at games during batting practice, when I knew very little, and more recently I also made sure I noted who signed what when I would attend a minor league game, although it seems most players are signing with their number now. Otherwise, most are just unrecognizable scribbles.

It is sad that so many autographs have been eagerly and faithfully obtained over the years, only to sit unidentified later on as they change hands.

PS- I looked over the scans and am afraid I have to admit I am worthless on your unknowns, sorry.