View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 10:21 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
So in 1957 (is that the correct year?) Topps starting making smaller cards, which are still being used today. Why did the company make this change? The bigger cards that were manufactured from 1952 - 1956 were very popular with collectors, no? Was Topps trying to save some paper?

I don't know, nor do I know why more and more people start sentences with the word 'So'...as if interrupting a thought stream?

It also occurs to me that more and more oral conversations are started with 'I mean'...is this just to assure the listener that the speaker is sincere?

These last two non-answers are grammatically correct. I just thought I would show off as, evidently, one of the last humans to care enough to communicate properly.

Randy - all this is in jest of course, as I am constantly trying to amuse whatever audience appears. I trust you will not be too offended.

Back onto your question, I am grateful, that, once they did change the card size, they stuck with it. It sure is more convenient for both displaying and storage.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente