View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Administrator

Default Rare Topps Test Issues

Posted By: Dave Hornish

Yeah, Topps had a bad day at the factory with those 53 Reprints!

The 76 Cloth have a backing and are similar to the 77's in texture. I also have what is likely the sheerest of the 4 types as well in separate pieces. I missed out on an Ebay auction that had three of the four and the other two I did not have looked like thicker and thicker again versions of the sheer, flannel like ones.

I still need the blue and black 68 Deckle Proofs. I have seen them and passed at what were good prices last year and regret that now. I relly need to get to the next National to search for some of the remaining types I need for the Topps run from 49-80.

I was not aware of the 91 Garagiola at all. I cut everything I collect (or at least track and try to obtain) off at 1980 although I do have some research material on post 80's stuff and have a bunch of 80's issues but I haven't tried to checklist all those sets and then what I have as well. Not enough time in the day unfortunately to do that any time soon.

I have to say I am not regretting just going after a type of each of the Topps issues. The values on someare really zooming right now.