View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 08:37 PM
JeR@Me

Default Re : Postcard Writing...

I prefer the writing to a clean example. Also, if the pc has something significant or presents some detail of that moment in time, then it does not get any better for me. Like this example : In 1908 there was 1 game that decided the Southern League championship on the last day of the season between New Orleans and Nashville. Pitcher, Ted Breitenstein, (T206) was on the hill for N.O. vs a Rookie pitcher for Nashville and this game was a pitcher's duel to the end as the final score in Nashville was Vols 1 Pelicans 0. (Both pitchers were brilliant and went the distance) Some Southern League historians consider this one of the greatest games ever played in the Southern League... Anywho, long story short - This PC is sent from a guy in Nashville to his friend in New Orleans and it appears he is rubbing it in about Nashville beating New Orleans as he refers to "Breit" being rotten and Nashville "fixing" New Orleans.... This PC is of the Champion Nashville Vols and it is postmarked 2 days after the championship. (Also there is a neat confectionary stamp on the front and the 2 guys names are priceless : B.F. Kats & Totsy) Take a look :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PostCard-Nashville-Rev.jpg (74.1 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg PostCard-Nashville.jpg (82.0 KB, 120 views)