View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 11:47 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

At least the sticker has some significance to someone outside the company that applied it. I can't tell you how many photos I've had where the seller put their inventory sticker on the back of the photo which has zero significance to anyone outside the company. Some are semi-professional looking and/or easy to peel off. Others are neither.

Then there are the stickers that simply identify what archive the photo came from. Perhaps mildly useful in some instances, but I've seen a number of cases where important stamps or markings were partially or totally obscured because their location happened to coincide with where the company typically applied their own identifying sticker. Seriously? You can't shift it over an inch? "Screw that Burke guy, this photo came from MY archive, and this is where people expect to see my sticker."

If they're going to sell these photos as collectibles, they need to treat them as such, and have a little respect for their customers. Don't slap stickers on them like bananas or soup cans or any other cheap commodity. There's a reason why these "how do I remove this label" threads pop up regularly, yet you've never seen a thread with a collector asking where to get some randomly bar-coded labels printed up so he can apply them to his photos...

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 12-28-2014 at 12:08 PM.