View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 07:59 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

I have to agree with Chris. I have purchased quite a few photos from the Historic Images group and I have had no problem removing their inventory stickers from the back of any photo. Plus, I like the occasional specials they run like the bogo that ends on New Years Eve.

I also have no problem with Culver Pictures and what they did. They were/are a photo archive service that provides photos for use with the provision they be returned. They are not concerned with who took the photo. It is not germaine to their operation.

I do have a problem with the stickers that Jay Parrino uses on his JP- The Mint or MMG archives photos. They have a very strong adhesive and even with a hairdryer there are still challenges in removing the sticker. It is very annoying to have a pure backed Bain, Thompson, Bushnell or other pre 1920's contact print disfigured by a sticker. By pure backed I mean it has the photographer or news service stamp and a few pencil notations and maybe a caption sheet.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 12-29-2014 at 12:18 PM.