View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 12:55 PM
Administrator

Default White Plains Show (Best Dealer Nominee)

Posted By: Josh Adams

I would like to agree with everyone on here about Chet, and share my own story.
I first met Chet last March at the Sun-Times show in Chicago. I was going through his stack of '33 Goudeys, and we talked for a few minutes about the set, vintage cards, and what other stuff he had. I bought about $200.00 worth of cards, and I noticed a Carl Hubbell that I wanted, but did not have the cash with me at the time. I took his business card and emailed him a few days after the show, asking if he still had the card. He asked for my address, and within 4 days, I received the Hubbell, with a note saying "Is $150.00 fair?" I was amazed, like the previous poster, at his trust in someone he just met not even a week ago, let alone sending a card in the mail. I sent him a check the same day, and I've looked forward to seeing him at the Sun-Times show ever since.
A side note, he lost his '33 Goudeys on the plane coming to Chicago in June, and he said the TSA was jerkin' him around. He really is a good guy, and the best dealer to work with. Glad to see others posting about him. I think the name of his company is "Big Red Machine collectibles" which is out of New York, ironically!

Go Go White Sox
2005 World Series Champions!