View Single Post
Old 10-11-2015, 02:41 PM
qu@n nguy3n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Bill, Kershaw WALKED the bases loaded in the seventh. Three walks, not a hit and a couple of walks. In other words, he imploded. The best pitcher on the planet is not supposed to walk the bases loaded in the seventh inning of a playoff game. Stop spinning.

His post-season stat line is 1-6 4.99. Try spinning that.
kershaw was certainly not as his best, and for the reigning "best pitcher on the planet" he does seem to have some of his worst games in the postseason. having said that the dodgers bullpen blows, the guy that allowed the 2-run single after kershaw left is the same guy that allowed the 3-run hr last year in the 7th to the cards after kershaw exited that game.

in his last 3 postseason starts...his stats thru the first 6inn in each (18 total innings) he's allowed 3 runs on 8 hits, with 28 strikeouts and 3 walks. in the 7th of those games he's recorded 4 outs, allowing 11 runs on 9 hits and 3walks with 2 strikeouts. so it is what it is, maybe he's worn down or tires late, his bullpen lets him down, mattingly stays with him longer because a 75% kershaw is still better than what's in relief..but here's a guy that in the regular season gets thru 7 and 8 on a regular basis.

i don't know why we're talking about postseason in a cy young thread tho...i'd still take kershaw over anybody right now to start a game if my life is depended on it.