View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 01:33 PM
J@son.K

#1, Kershaw's signature is really simple to forge. So, even though it looks like his, I think any person can copy his signature. The Koufax looks close, but I'm always skeptical when the seller has photos that supposedly prove he/she got it in person, but it really just shows the player posing next to somebody (supposedly the seller) or shows him signing an item in person. But unless the photo shows the player signing that EXACT same item the seller is saying was signed in person, I can't buy the story.

I also saw this auction this past weekend and I didn't bid because it was too good to be true. If there was a verifiable way to prove these two Dodger aces signed this pic, it would easily go over $500. But since it didn't even come close to market, that shows you that the other collectors saw something fishy as well (not always the best gauge, of course, but sometimes others know better).

In short, I wouldn't buy Kershaw's signature unless it had some reputable holo/cert like Steiner, Online Authentics, MLB or came issued with a card company because his signature is way too easy to forge...just like Mike Trout's.

Last edited by djson1; 10-06-2015 at 12:11 AM.