Thread: Jim Thorpe
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2018, 02:22 PM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arazi4442 View Post
Looks like the Okies love us some Jim Thorpe. Another Oklahoma kid checking in from Norman.

Great stuff everyone. Did you see the Olympics postcard on the LOTG auction? Very strong price, I thought. I was hoping to upgrade mine but the bidding got out of my league there at the end.
I am have long been a Thorpe fan, since I live about 45 minutes from the town that bears his name. I have a PSA 4 of the Thorpe Olympic postcard. I know the one at LOTG was the highest graded, but $6,000 just seems crazy to me when the 4s and 5s of that postcard go for around $1,000 and a "3" closed on eBay for a little over $600 recently. There have been a bunch of the Thorpe Olympic postcards coming out of the woodwork in recent years. I wish the Olympics Heroes postcard from Carlisle of him putting the shot was more common. I suspect that is climbing out of my price range when it does show up.

Last edited by Bored5000; 11-26-2018 at 02:28 PM.