View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 05:00 PM
Adam Yastrzemski

He is going from a hitters park to a pitchers park. I don’t see this as being good. And the aforementioned block of Tatis makes no sense. Reminds me when the Yanks signed McCann even though Sanchez was their #1 prospect.

I’m not sure what Preller is up to but he doesn’t seem to have much of a game plan. When he first started he made a big splash by making a bunch of trades and signing Shields. It didn’t work. Then he traded a bunch of guys away and restocked the farm system - currently one of the best in baseball. That was working. So now last season he signs Hosmer and this season he signs Machado - 2 of the most ridiculous, bloated albatross contracts in a market where the other teams have learned better than to sign contracts like that. There seems to be little direction or consistency in terms of building a team from the Padres in the past few years.

After watching Machado in the post season last year, he is the last person I would want to provide leadership to a group of young, talented ballplayers. His performance in clutch situations fell short and he disgraced himself with his displays of poor sportsmanship. I’m just glad the Padres signed him and not my team.