View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 06:57 AM
St3phen M@rchillo

Answers to a bunch of the questions

Not sure if I'll slab all the cards - it gets very pricey and I have a bunch more of these I'm working on. I am guessing I could eventually. I'm still deciding between putting these in a nice case or getting a signed photo of some sort of Brooks and surrounding/integrating the cards with the photo.

As far as what I am working on now - Pretty much all the HOFers that do TTM at reasonable costs -

I am making good progress on Kaline and Sandberg - Just started Jim Rice and Goose Gossage. I am around 1/2 way done with Fergie Jenkins. The Jenkins one was a little different - I reached out to the guy who runs his foundation (Geoff) great guy. And we cut a deal on a price for 15 autographs. I got some for me and a few for my buddies. So I am going to get the rest of his base cards and see if he'll do the same deal for 15 cards.

I plan on starting Dawson, Palmer, Marichal soon. I have all of Wade Boggs base Sox cards signed but he seemingly stopped doing TTM. So I may need to purchase the remainder of those.

In terms of letting Brooks know I didn't think of that - but now that you mention it I think after I finish the team cards and the rest of the misc cards - I'll send him a nice letter with photos and a final donation for his charity as a sign of my appreciation. Good idea. I'd also like him to personalize something for my 2 year old which would be cool. I'm planning on getting a Brooks player shirt when I go to Cooperstown in a couple of weeks - I'll pick up one for my son Brody and maybe send off some pictures to him.

When I make progress on the other runs I'll post some photos.