View Single Post
Old 02-07-2014, 09:14 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnVme7 View Post
I think photo matching anything from the 90's and older is quite a task and is very cool.
+1
I've tried it a few times, and it can be a crapshoot unless you have an incredibly large archive of images to work from or one focused on the particular player you're hunting. Even then, it can be hard to find the right image with enough visible details to match to the piece you're interested in. Newer stuff is easier because there are hi-def images of practically everything on the field.

Having done it so infrequently, it could be that there's something that I'm missing, but it makes me envious/incredulous when I'm watching something like All-Star Dealers where they get a jersey in and seemingly within 15 minutes this guy pulls up multiple images of high enough resolution to zoom in on some tiny detail. "Whew, that was a tough one. It nearly took me my whole lunch break to find a positive photo match!"