View Single Post
Old 07-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
I can think of two instances, both Ruth, where I contacted the owner via PM. In one case the guy had just bought a horrible ball for 1/3 of normal price. I warned him, hoping it had not yet been shipped. He was grateful. Another time I simply PM'd someone asking a couple of questions, as I already knew the guy was sensitive and uneducated. He went through the roof. He was ungrateful. Now I keep my mouth shut when a forum member posts something he has acquired, unless he asks for opinions. I have also contacted several auction houses letting them know that Ruths or early Mantles were forgeries. Not once has one of these been taken down, but I will continue to let them know - I think the AH owners actually believe me, but they have already signed on with a TPA and cannot contradict them.
I would definitely want to know if the respectable people on here disagreed with an auto I posted. It happened a few years ago, and although I didn't want to hear it, that auto is in my "nope" box in the basement.