View Single Post
Old 07-11-2005, 12:56 AM
Administrator

Default PSA Error in your favor...

Posted By: J Levine

First off, Robert can defend himself as seller (I'm gonna help out anyway though) and he is knowledgeable and does not want to defraud anyone, thus, soon as he was made aware of the mistake he fixed the auction.

Second, the final price for this auction is unreal. I bought an ungraded Gunning about 8 months ago with a clear picture and same pose, probably grade a little lower because of writing on the back (Julie would love it). I spent less than $100. PSA 4 OJs generally go for between $200-$300. He made money on this for some odd reason. I really hope the buyer is not buying the holder.

I think Mr. Craik did a fine thing by editing the auction.

I also feel that as a buyer, YOU MUST EDUCATE YOURSELF. If you do not educate yourself and drop nearly $600 on a card you do not completely understand...it is the buyers fault.

I want it understood that I do not think Robert was cheating anyone and for someone to assume that is completely wrong...I just pointed out a mistake on a Phillie card...that is all.

The initial intention of this auction was to sell a card. That is what the dealer did, he did not defraud and the description was changed far before the auction ended and the buyer bid.

The result is odd and an abberation. Nothing sinister.

Joshua