View Single Post
Old 06-18-2023, 08:44 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

It is comical how much fans rage at managers and not the folks who actually constructed the team. Yeah I'm sure Buck's two judgment calls a game about selecting pinch hitters and calling for the old hit and run that are what's really the issue here.

Do people still think the manager creates the lineup or decides what relief pitcher is coming in? Analytics baby.

Baseball managers are a lot like airline pilots these days. Computers tell them what do do, and they spend long periods of time basically just watching what's happening like you and me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
So a 4 time Manager of the Year isn't a good manager? They won 101 games last year and all of a sudden Buck is bad? I guess its Bucks fault that Diaz was hurt or that their $341 Million player is hitting.220 or that Verlander and Scherzer have been bad or that Marte got off to a terrible start or McNeil's average dropped 50 points or that Ottavino has been inconsistent or that they cannot hit in the clutch, etc. Buck has his faults, he is too loyal to veteran players, like Vogelbach, but what old school manager wasn't?

Its amazing how fast fans turn on managers. It was Callaway's fault, then it was Rojas fault, now its Bucks fault. Then it will be the next manager's fault?

This team is poorly constructed, I blame Alderson and Eppler for that.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 06-18-2023 at 08:47 AM.