View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Default Show some over graded PSA cards!

Posted By: John

Good post, Josh and Jim those are blazers!

When the hobby started rising so fast in price, I made a point to buy cards that looked much better than their given grade. I assumed most of these cards had hidden defects some did. I however was very surprised to find cards with no defects or simple tiny imperfections that other cards I owned had yet those cards received much higher grades.

The southern league cards below have a very tiny stain on the back no residue or anything just a small square discoloration where tape may have been at one time…

The Huggins and Young have a very tiny wrinkle which you really need a loop to see really well.

The others you’re guesses are as good as mine, I’ve been over them time and time again with every type of tool/light, and IMO should be at least one and in some cases two grades higher as they don't seem to fit the mold of the current given grade IMO.

I did however get a really overgraded card IMO from SGC, I kept the PSA 4 version because it was much better than the SGC, so I guess PSA isn’t the only one who screws up here and there.