View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 09:53 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankh8147 View Post
Out of curiosity, why do you think that? Not to argue but I thought the lower population cards were going up in value because of the PSA population reports.

I've seen steady appreciation from the higher graded cards but when I see the crazy jumps in value on the Cobb rookies, rare back T206's, and even that Michael Jordan Precious Metals auction being discussed in the other thread, it makes me think that Aaron might have some potential.

Disclaimer- I own a Johnston's Cookie Aaron.
As much as I love Aaron, he is unknown and not cared about by fans anymore. The baseball fans are mostly idiots and know nothing about the history of the game for the most part. That's the only thing I do care about anymore to be honest.

When he was introduced at Dodger Stadium at the playoff game against the Brewers last year, you could barely hear the crowd cheer for him. IT WAS DISGUSTING. I watched 715 with my parents & I had the 715 poster in my room as a kid. My parents got me a birthday card that played the call of the historic home run when you opened it for my 13th birthday. I played it at my moms funeral and read from it. (yeah it still payed) I saw him as a kid at DS and he always mashed us. The same way my Grandfather told me to watch that guy in the CF, Willie Mays. Then, he proceeded to drop the only fly ball he ever dropped and got picked off first in the same game.

Kids have to take the time to learn about the older players and even though it is so easy, they can't be bothered as they play Fortnite.

We learned about the older players though baseball cards. I hope I'm wrong as I have all the Aaron cards and they still make me feel happy but I'm 57. Baseball card collectors are dying, not increasing, IMHO.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 02-16-2019 at 09:53 AM.