Thread: Rookie cards
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2016, 08:22 AM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
How do you guys feel about rookie cards? In shopping for cards of HOFers, I find that I just don't care for the look of some rookies. Often, I see non-rookie cards that I like better (and that happen to be more affordable ). We always say "buy what you like," and I subscribe to that. I guess I just feel like my collection might be lacking if I am missing rookies. It is just hard sometimes to spend significant money on a card that I might not find aesthetically pleasing. Does any of this make sense??

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I understand your conundrum. Sometimes I wish I had focused more on things that are now exploding in value but usually get back to the fact that this is a hobby for me and I collect what I like.

I personally would not buy a card just because it was a rookie card if I didn't think it fit my collecting interests and wasn't appealing. I do like pre-rookie cards as I think its cool to have the FIRST card produced of a player even if the powers that be don't deem it to be a rookie card.

Maybe you should start a thread showing non-rookie HOFer cards, Robert. That would be fun!

jeff