View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 09:04 AM
David Peck

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxandcubbies View Post
Understood, but there is a reasonable cost that can be associated with the sale with regard to shipping. I've bought thousands of cards on ebay over the years and maybe had 3 or 4 times when a card arrived damaged. Those were from cards thrown in a paper mailer with no protection at all. Hey, you don't mind paying 50 or 100 dollars for shipping on your cards, then by all means be my guest. As for me, I believe there's always a happy medium.

Jim

I have never purchased a card that would require such a fee as they insure the cards shipped. That said if I bought a card for 20k or 50k I wouldn't blink at paying that fee to feel confident it was coming in the condition I purchased it.

One of the major issues with collectibles is many are low population and aren't exactly replaceable at the snap of a finger. PWCC packaging and shipping takes all concern out of the equation. I think everyone has opened their mailbox with excitement to get their recent purchase and looked at the package and said "I can't believe this motherF+++++ shipped it this way!!" to themselves. Most of the time even with awful packaging the card arrives in fine condition and you move on. But what if it doesn't? The transaction went from exciting to stressful to potentially infuriating.

If I am running a business I am taking the route of dramatically higher quality shipping supplies and packing and passing it on to the customer. The first time I purchased a card from PWCC I paid $8 for shipping and thought it seemed steep. As soon as I got it in hand I was thrilled to pay it.

So many consumer business's spend a ton of money on packaging because it helps create a brand. Everything PWCC does from their listings on EBAY to their shipping to their advertising to their graphs and charts are done to build their brand. Everything is high quality.

I have never consigned a card but after dealing with both PWCC and Probstein it wouldn't even take a second of thought to make my decision and the dramatically better packaging is one of the factors in this.