View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 04:08 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by begsu1013 View Post
good to hear! the one thing about the guys you picked though, is you are completely right as far as the regional cards. for that era, i think they are sooo cool and for the most part, rare.

as for my guys, and the reason that i stick to simply the basic topps versions, is the sole amount of overproduced regional crap that's out there. nolan ryan alone has 14000+ different cards. just waayy too much and would suck the enjoyment outta it for me.

but please, whatever you do...do not listen to mcoxon about herb score. i am not finished w/ my player set just yet and don't wantcha to get hooked on him (just yet, at least)! ; )
LOL on Score! I understand what you are saying about the regional issues. By the time Ryan came along and entered his prime, the regional stuff (along with everything else) had proliferated. I wouldn't want to wade through all of the more modern regional items either. Part of what I like about the 1930s to 1950s was the charm, albeit sometimes rough around the edges, that regular and team/regional issues offered up. Between those and some more mainstream Topps and Bowman, I will be pretty busy with Spahn, Feller, Koufax, and maybe a guy like Branca. There are a ton of possibilities!