View Single Post
Old 10-12-2003, 07:02 PM
Administrator

Default Confessions of a first time Yankee rooter

Posted By: Anonymous

Hey Tbob thanks for the compliment.

I think what Dereck said was that he was not making an obscene gesture just his normal celebrating (he made the same gesture when he pitched a no hitter). He did say he was sorry if he offended anymone. That's quite a bit different from admiting that he gave the FU sign purposely. See the article below.

http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/redSox.bg?articleid=126

I too saw the interview with Trott Nixon on NESN (unless we saw different interview). Although I don't have a transcript. I'm pretty sure that Trott was giving Jesus credit for calming him down and allowing him to do his best. He did not claim that Jesus made the swing. I'm pretty sure of this as it has always been anonnying to me when someone claims that Jesus take sides in a game. As a season ticket holder for 5+ years, I'd say Trot and Derek are two of the more decent guys on the team.

Is Pedro a jerk for hitting a batter - Yes. I think the only modern picther who is as big a jerk is Clemens. Just ask Mike Piazza.

Zim went after Pedro, he (Zim) overreacted, Pedro certainly started everything but he did not go after Zim. It was the other way around.

Can't disagree with you on Manny.

No comment on the Fenway groundskeeper. I think they are still sorting out what happened there.

There's no curse, just a continuous lack of good starting pitching.