View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 06:38 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Ron, he knows they're miscut and he's just screwing with us. A nice guy, but personally I think Ral G. is losing his mind. Here are his posts from various threads just from today (titles in bold). Notice a common theme??

72 T set
I agree it was quite 70s " hip mod" style when they came out..as a kid..I thought they were pretty cool.. that was around the time when some players like Joe Pepitone started wearing a toupee during the games

O/C cards
I don't mind slightly off center cards..to a degree...I wouldn't want a card cut off so much as to chop the cap off the player...almost to make it appear he had no hair..or the hint of possibly wearing a wig or something

odd card
It also appears that he is wearing some sort of hair piece ??

Vince
OK, OK, lets not get....." wigged out" over this thread !!

?
Does Tony LaRussa wear a toupee ?

cutting
Yes, thats true..in the early days Topps factory did you a "jig saw" type blade to seperate the cards. It was very similar to a " wig saw" blade that they use to cut and shape mens hair pieces

Vin
Oh yea.. Vin come up with some classic lines..what about the call on the Koufax perfect game..".2 and 2 to harvey Kueen".... but the silence on the Puig HR call, Im not sure, with a lot of that toupee adhesive they reccomend no movement or sound during the application.... it helps the wig adhere to the bald scalp

sets
Yes, I agree the atachment to cards and sets is a strong bond. They make a bonding adhesive that men use to hold their hair pieces on their heads also..but I think the baseball card bond is stronger

team
Yes, those Cubs team around that era had quite a few All Star players, that infield was solid with Kessinger, and Santo. Santo later did Cub broadcasts, He had an awful hair piece that was clearly visable on the air

storage
I know the best price on card savers in avail from a dealer at the Philly Show, he usually has the corner booth,Im pretty sure he wears a wig too

Topps photos
Yes, I see that, another tell tale sign of re-use of old photos, it looks like Mays is wearing a toupee, and in the other pic..three yrs later....you still see the toupee peeking out of the batting helmet

dull knife
54T, 55T, 56T,..Im pretty sure a dull cutting knife could also have a negitve effect on a mans hair piece, the horse hair tends to curl at the ends

Vince
Isnt that wig he wears absolutly awful,the guy is like 90...and its a huge pile of orange and red racoon on his head

lots of stars
How about that 1962 T Mgrs Dream of Mantle and Mays..and in the backround I think you see Aaron,Banks, there is another player in the shot also..might by a coach , from a distance it looks like he is wearing a hair piece

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.

Last edited by JollyElm; 06-07-2013 at 09:07 PM.