View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 09:23 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Default update

I am the OP of this thread and wanted to give an update and info answering some of your questions.

As of 11 PM Eastern on Thursday night I have not received a reply to my questions/request.

I hope to hear from them in the next two or three days or it will be too late.

The lot in question without outing it is, post war and is a group of cards something like (but not) say a group of 50's/60's Fleer issues where there would be say 140 cards from various years of the Fleer cards from 1959 to 1963, showing super star cards like the Babe Ruth cards, the Gehrigs, Cobbs, Williams #68, Adcock in 63 etc, then other cards "fanned" out where you can see some of the card, but no numbers visible etc.

Some of the cards may be SP's and have considerable value over and above the Ruth's, Gehrigs etc. while others are variations that collectors are looking for to complete their sets.

I doubt the cards are being hidden to hide the condition.

Of the 140 cards say, I asked for the numbers from one set that amount to a little over half of the cards or say about 75 numbers. The two cards I asked for scans of, I can see (not well enough to check out the variation) two cards, one partially that have variations that I need to see not just know the number to find out if one or both are the variation I am looking for in order to decide how much to bid.

I can understand an AH being busy after a major auction working to send out winnings, but is EVERYONE in the company packing and shipping? Certainly SOMEONE who is answering the phones or is handling the website could help with my request.

Or as an earlier point I brought up, if you have a major auction, maybe you should not have a monthly auction starting and ending soon after so you have time to service your customers.