View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 04:47 AM
Administrator

Default N162 Album Pages..... All 50 CHAMPS

Posted By: identify7

Ted,

As you will recall at that time, pool halls were not the gala extravaganzas where one could entertain members of the opposite sex, which exist today.

You could rent a table, and pay by the time which you clocked out and in. Some pool halls had king tables (bigger - I forget the dimensions), some also had billiards tables.

I watched some (what then were older) guys playing billiards, and asked the guy who clocks you out and in on tables how the game was played. He recommended we try no cushion billiards. Which we did. You discover quickly with that game that you can trap the two other balls in a corner and get quite a few points in succession.

From there we moved on to one cushion billiards, which is a real game. Then three cushion billiards, which is a significant challenge, unless you are quite proficient. The "older" guys we were watching on that day, were playing three cushion. And were doing so successfully.

Very few pool halls had billiard tables. Actually most pool halls had less than twelve tables (usually 1 king). I have probably spent six or so hours shooting billiards so far in my life - so I am far from knowledgable on this subject. Maybe others here can add some insight.